Wednesday, March 5, 2014

I'm a Sucker for a Good Baseball Movie

Follow on Bloglovin

I was flipping through the TV the other night and cam across an old favorite of mine, The Sandlot. I remember watching this movie over and over as a kid. I honestly have no idea how many times I watched it.



Once I saw this on the TV, I had to sit and watch the whole thing. It was like I was completely sucked into the movie and after what felt like only 10 minutes, it was over. And I enjoyed every minute of it just as much as I did when I was 12.




Even now, as an adult, when I watch this movie, I still know nearly the whole thing by heart. I still laugh at Squints faking drowning to kiss Wendy Peffercorn. I still laugh when the boys all decide to take a chew. I still laugh when the boys play the other team of boys. I absolutely LOVE this movie.


But one thing about me is that I grew up in a baseball family. I grew up watching baseball in the summer. I started playing T-Ball before I was even in school. I played softball all the way through high school and even a little beyond. I played ball for the school team, then when school would let out for the summer, I would play on a summer team. I love this sport, and as a result, I also love just about all baseball/softball movies. The Sandlot is just one of many baseball movies that I will never get tired of.

So, if you're in the mood for some good baseball flicks, here are a few of my faves:
  • The Bad News Bears 
  • Bull Durham
  • Field of Dreams
  • A League of Their Own (another one of my FAVES)
  • Major League
  • Moneyball
  • The Natural
  • The Rookie
  • Rookie of the Year
  • The Scout
These are just a few that, personally, really like.

Do you have any favorite baseball movies? Or, are there any other sports movies that you love?

Tell me all about it! 

3 comments:

  1. Hi there. Just browsing through the Happy Kids, Inc: Bloglovin' Blog Hop and found your blog. Now following you via Bloglovin' and would love if you popped along to my blog and maybe even followed back!
    Bel
    www.journeysaremydiary.com
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11779597

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband and I throw out the "you're killing me, smalls" line all the time! I love Leauge of Their Own - "There's not crying in baseball!"

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for bold up such aces information. I acquire bookmarked you and will acquire in bandage with your new posts. I like this post, accrue autograph and accordance advising post...!
    thermal imaging in bhubaneswar

    ReplyDelete