Tuesday, February 4, 2014

What's Out This Week

There are tons of new books coming out this week, but these are a few that I am most excited about. 

 


 Title: Cress
Author: Marissa Meyer
Release Date: February 4, 2014
ISBN: 9780312642976

Let's talk about Cress for a little bit. This is the third book in The Lunar Chronicles, the first two being Cinder and Scarlett. This is a series of fairy tale retellings set in the future. After hearing all about Cinder on BookTube, last fall I finally gave in and read it and...I loved it. So, I am all about this series now. If you haven't read it, I strongly encourage you to give it a shot.  


Title: Ignite Me
Author: Tahereh Mafi
Release Date: February 4, 2014
ISBN: 9780062085573

This is the third book in the Shatter Me series by Taherah Mafi, following Shatter Me and Unravel Me. This series follows Juliette, who is able to harm people through her touch. There are also two novellas in this series that fall after the first and second book in the series. The novellas, "Destroy Me" and "Fracture Me," add more depth and insight into the story and characters that isn't available in the main novels of the series. This is a really interesting series that is high on my recommendation list.

 Title: Twisted Sisters
Author: Jen Lancaster
Release Date: February 4, 2014
ISBN: 9780451239655

Let me just say, if you aren't reading Jen Lancaster, you are missing out. I absolutely love Jen Lancaster and I always eagerly await her next release. She is amazingly witty and clever and continuously makes me giggle and truly laugh out loud. She is absolutely genuine and sincere in her writing. She started out blogging and writing memoir, but this is her publication in the fiction world. I am super excited about this book. And I'm looking forward to reading all about the sisters and their relationship in this new novel.


4 comments:

  1. i will have to try some Jen Lancaster!

    cute blog you have!

    happy friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited about these too! Although I probably shouldn't be too excited, since I've yet to read anything by Marissa Meyer or Tahereh Mafi, but I've heard such great things about them. I have read Jen Lancaster though, and really do enjoy her books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have loved the things I have read by Mafi and Meyer, so I'm always eager to recommend them. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete