Thursday, February 6, 2014

Olympics Obsessed!

Follow on Bloglovin


Yay! It's time for the Olympics again! I don't know about you but I become obsessed and addicted every time the Olympics occur. It doesn't matter what it is, summer games, winter games, curling, gymnastics...I watch it all.

I get so into it all that everyone around me knows that is all I am thinking about for the duration of the games. I check the medal count web pages continually. I have an Olympics list on Twitter with the best tweeters for the events.

Personally, for the winter Olympics, I have a few favorite games and a few favorite athletes. My favorite events are figure skating...ALL of the figure skating, and snowboarding...ALL of the snowboarding. But, like I said, I'll watch all of them. I also enjoy some of the skiing and the speed skating.

When it come to athletes, of course I'm rooting for my fellow Americans, but there are a few athletes from other countries that I enjoy watching as well.

I adore Marissa Castelli and Simon Shnapir, skating as a pair for the American team. These two are so interesting and fun to watch.

I love the young Japanese figure skater, Yuzuru Hanyu. This is his first trip to the Olympics and he is amazing! If you get a chance to watch him, do it!
Another amazing skater is the Russian, Evgeny Plyushchenko. He skates so beautifully and precisely. He is a joy to watch.

Moving on to snowboarders...

I have a few of my favorites to share as well.

Of course, I love Shaun White! I LOVE Shaun White! He is probably one of my favorite winter Olympians, ever! I was super sad to hear that he dropped out of the new slopestyle event, but I guess I can understand if he wanted to focus his attention on the halfpipe. I am missing his long, red locks though!
I am also rooting for Shelly Gotlieb. She is the oldest woman competing in the new slopestyle snowboarding competition. She is 33. I am kind of hoping she will show some of these young gals up.
 Keep in mind, these are just a few of my favorite. I will be making a few more posts about the Olympics as the games continue and I will also continue to post about some more of my favorite athletes.

What about you? Do you love watching the Olympics like I do? What event is your favorite? Do you have a favorite athlete?

No comments:

Post a Comment