Thursday, May 9, 2013

Lifescouts: Pet-Owning Badge


You may remember a while back when I wrote about Lifescouts and how amazing it is. It is like boy/girl scout badges for adults for life experiences. I love it! If you would like to go back and read up on that, click here

But, today, I am writing about the Pet-Owning Badge. 

I've written about our pets before, but today I thought they deserved their own post specifically devoted to them. 

I have been around pets my entire life. When I was a little girl, we always had dogs around. My dad was a hunter and he had several trained hunting dogs. But, as I got older, the number of hunting dogs dwindled and we had more "yard dogs" than anything. 

We also had cat for a time. Even though my dad hates cats and my mom isn't too fond of them, somehow we managed to keep a cat around for several years. 

Then, I grew up, starting dating Richard, and we adopted a cat about six months into our relationship. 



This is Todd. He has been a part of our lives since 2006. He is the "old man" kitty. He likes to lay around in the sun, sit in the window, and hiss at everyone else. Most of the time he is kind of cranky, but every now and then, he has his moments where he just wants to be cuddled and loved.


Then, last April, we brought home Dot from the local kitty shelter. She is an adorable little ginger kitty that loves to play and jump all over the furniture. The main problem in her life is a puppy that just won't seem to leave her alone. 



This is Leo. He is an Australian shepherd that is a mix between a mini and a full size. He will be a year old in August. And, he is a mess! He loves to chase kitties, birds, and squirrels. He also likes to nap on shoes with his nose stuck way down inside. So, he's kind of odd, but we love him anyway. 

How about you? I would love to know about your pets. I have a soft spot for animals and pictures are always great! 

*************************

Don't forget to participate in my May giveaway for a Scentsy warmer. Click here for more info

Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. Hey there! Here from the Blog Hop! Just wanted to let you know I'm following you via GFC & Bloglovin'! I also liked your facebook page! Hope you'll get a chance to check me out!

    Bloglovin'
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3718883

    Blog url
    http://www.croppedstories.blogspot.com

    Facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cropped-Stories/615495055132216

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visiting from That Friday Blog Hop. I'd like to invite you to my Friday Flash Blog, where you can share your best blog entry of the week! The party goes on ALL weekend at thejennyevolution.com. And who knows, you may just get featured next week.

    Jennifer
    thejennyevolution.com

    ReplyDelete