Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Gatsby Love

Follow on Bloglovin


The hubs and I went to see The Great Gatsby this weekend, and I absolutely loved it.

I have read the novel, but I have to admit, it has been a while. Honestly, I didn't really remember much about it other than the main plot line.

I've been a Dicaprio fan ever since his Growing Pains days, so the fact that he was in this movie was one reason I had been looking so forward to seeing it.


So, today I thought I would share the main reasons I loved this movie. 
  • I'm a literary book nerd, so any novels that are made into movies automatically draw me in.
  • As stated, I've been a Dicaprio fan for a while. 
  • As well as a Tobey Maguire fan
  • The setting and costuming really made me wish I was rich and living in New York during the 20s.
  • The soundtrack was amazing. I will be purchasing the entire album. The song from the trailer is my new fave.
  • The plot is well developed and plays out nicely.





Have you seen this one yet? What did you think? Did you love it as much as I did?

**************************
Don't forget to get your name in the drawing for my May Scentsy Warmer giveaway. Click here for more information. 

9 comments:

  1. I want to see it, but figured I'd wait for the hoopla to die little.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We lucked out. Living in a small town and going to the late show meant there wasn't a huge crowd. So there wasn't too much hoopla. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot wait to see this movie! I am so excited!!!Plus I've been obcessed with Leo Di since his Romeo and Juliet days! :)
    I'm your newest follower and brand new blogger! I found you on friend connect blog hop! Mine is http://mybutterflyhaus.blogsot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was so great in Romeo and Juliet. I still love that movie!

      Delete
  4. I sadly was not a fan of the movie! I adore the book, but the movie just didn't do it for me :(

    xo
    ivyandmolly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think there are a lot of people that share your opinion. A friend of mine said that the movie was just too "in your face" for her and all of the over the top aspects of the movie just distracted her from the story line. And, I can understand that. Thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  5. I haven't seem it but I want to!! With your recommendation I even more want to :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to see it, but like most other movies-I'll see it when it's out of theaters. Like you, I love Leo. :) I became obsessed when Titanic came out and I wanted to see every movie he was in. I also used to watch Growing Pains when it came on Disney Channel and I loved the episodes Leo was in.

    ReplyDelete