Sunday, May 19, 2013

Dead Ever After ... Finally!

Follow on Bloglovin


Like so many other people, I was super excited to purchase and read the final book in the Sookie Stackhouse series. So, on the day it was released I went to the store, brought it home, and jumped in. 

I've been reading this series since 2006, way before True Blood. I took a Creative Writing course as an undergrad, and since Charline Harris lives in my town and is a friend of my instructor of the course, she she was invited to come speak to our small class to discuss her writing career. That was an amazing day for me! 

But anyway, I was so excited to start reading this book, and in the end, I was satisfied. I wasn't thrilled or surprised, but it ended exactly like I expected it to. Sure, there were a few interesting twists throughout the story, but in the end everything wrapped up fairly nicely. 

I was thrilled to see the return of some major characters from the past:
  • Quinn
  • Alcide
  • Mr. Cataliades
  • Diantha
  • Ameilia
  • Bob
  • Claude
  • Steve Newlin
  • Arlene
Each of these (and a few others) tied into the story and played a part in the overall plot. 

I know that there have been a lots of complaints and disappointments in the ending of the series, specifically in regard to Sookie's romantic life, but in my opinion, it was all very predictable. If you didn't see the ending coming, then you must not have been paying very close attention to the entire series. I mean, the ending of the previous book clearly set the stage for what would happen in the final book, not to mention the clues and hints to this ending that have been present throughout the entire series. 

Overall, this was a nice ending to the series that was long overdue. While I, personally, feel that this series should have ended a few books ago, this book did a satisfactory job of wrapping up the storyline.  And while it may not be what lots of fans wanting as an ending, it was still done nicely. So, there are no complaints from me. 

Have you read this one yet? If so, what did you think?


*********************
You still have time to get your name in the drawing for a May Scentsy Warmer of the Month. 



No comments:

Post a Comment