Friday, March 15, 2013

New Yummies In Our House

My husband is a nurse and works the night shift during the week. So, for the first few days of the week, we don't see a whole lot of each other. However, when the weekend rolls around, we get lots of quality time. 

This morning when Hubs got home from work, he asked if I would cook something new for supper tonight and to wake him up in time to eat. 

So, I did a little research on Pinterest and found a couple of great new recipes to try. 

The first was Lemon Angel Hair with Chicken and Spinach. So, I have to give a special shout-out to The Recipe Crayon Box for this amazing recipe! 


Then, I decided we might want something a little sweet to eat later, but I didn't want to do any brownies, pie, or cookies. So, I was thrilled to find the great recipe for a Snickers Salad! That's right ... a Snickers Salad! I had no idea that such an amazing thing existed! Who knew that apples, grapes, Cool Whip, and Snickers went together so well! so, here is another shout out to Lush Lounge for this hit in our house! 


Thankfully, Hubs was happy with these new recipes. I think these will both be made again at some point in the future. 

How about you? Have you tried any new and yummy recipes lately? I would love to hear about them.

2 comments:

  1. Snickers Salad!? Sounds intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was aiming to try 50 new recipes this year, but I've kind of slacked off. I'm thinking I may need to try Snickers Salad though!

    ReplyDelete