Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Lifescouts ...annnd Badges!

When I was a little girl, I always wanted to be a Girl Scout, but they didn't have an active troop in our town. So, I have always felt like I missed out on something. I mean, as a little girl, I was always involved in outdoor activities. My family camped, fished and even hunted. And the idea of collecting all of those great badges always sounded so exciting.

But...life goes on, and my desire to be a Girl Scout eventually fizzled. Then, today I came across something so great! Lifescouts! This is a collection of badges for adults and it allows you to collect badges for life experiences and share your stories with others.

Apparently, this just started this year. On their site, they show the different badges they have released for January, February, and March. From what I can gather, they are only releasing a few badges each month.

I am so so so excited about this, and I am actually thinking about ordering some of the actual badges....maybe!

So, today, I wanted to share with you guys my first badge...

The Eiffel Tower Badge


This is one of my life experiences that I am so proud of. After Christmas in 2008, my friend Allison and I took a trip together. We were in Amsterdam for New Years and then drove to Paris. While we were there we did all the great Paris things; we visited the Louvre, saw the Mona Lisa, saw the Moulin Rouge, ate crepes! We had the best time! But, my absolute favorite part of the city was the Eiffel Tower. It was so amazingly beautiful and awe inspiring. I hope hope hope that one days I can visit Paris again and enjoy the beauty and wonder of this great city! 


Were you ever a Girl Scout? Did you enjoy it or hate it?

Have you been to Paris and seen the Eiffel Tower? I would love to hear your story! 


2 comments:

  1. I had the chance to visit Paris with my family back in 2009. It was our first time in Europe, and we had such a blast! We visited both Paris and London, and Paris was, by far, my favorite. I know a lot of people who have said that they had bad experiences there with the people, etc., but we had nothing but wonderful stories. SUCH a beautiful city!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    I visited Paris in 2011 for my Mom's 70th birthday day. It was my first trip to Europe and I still smile from ear to ear when anyone mentions Paris. It is very laid back great sites, food, and shopping. I would love to go back!

    http://www.robincharmagne.com/blog

    Found you on Southern Sunflowers&Coffee Beans

    ReplyDelete