Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Liebster Award

Guys, I am so excited to be nominated for the Liebster Blog award. Within the past couple of weeks I have been nominated by two wonderful ladies. 

You should definitely stop by and visit Amanda at Interpreted by Me

And...Alana at Fractured Fairy Tales
Blog tag
Both of these ladies have awesomely amazing blogs. You should definitely check them out. 


The Liebster Blog Award is given to upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome.

The Rules:
- Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
- Answer the questions that the tagger set for you PLUS create 11 questions for the people you've tagged to answer.
- Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
- Go to their page and tell them.

So...11 things about me...
1. I hate making lists like this. I never know what to write and I always end up feeling kind of awkward.
2. I'm a lefty.
3. I have three Master's Degrees.
4. I collect postcards.
5. It is a constant battle for me to become more organized.
6. I have a completely obsessive and unhealthy addiction to all things Harry Potter.
7. I am trying really hard to do the whole "writer" thing. I've written lots of small pieces, but I don't know what to do with them to get them out there.
8. I can never get enough of Johnny Depp.
9. I love to travel and I am always planning my next trip.
10. I live in a small town, but I desperately wish for the day when my husband and I can move to the city...or at least closer than we are now.
11. I wish I spoke another language fluently. 

Now on to the 11 questions...
1) To you, who is the most inspiring person ever?
The most inspiring person I can think of is my grandmother. She is one of the wisest, strongest, most devoted people I have ever known. She is the kind of woman that I hope to be.
2) What is the one thing you are most passionate about?
I think I am most passionate about literature of all kinds. There is nothing like the written word. The experiences that a person can have by reading a book is unlike any other experience. I feel sorry for people who are not able to read and enjoy the experience of losing themselves in a fictional world. 
3) What is your favorite book of all time?
This is such an unfair question. I don't think I can narrow this down to just one book. But, several of my favorites are To Kill a Mockingbird, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, Outlander.
4) What is the scariest thing to ever have happened to you?
The scariest thing that has ever happened to me was when I traveled to The Netherlands with my friend and her passport was stolen. I know this was very scary for her, but it was scary for me too. I didn't know what was going to happen and how we needed to fix that situation.
5) Do you know how to use a gun/would you carry one? Why/why not?
Yes, I know how to use a gun. I do not carry one, mainly because, in my life, I don't feel that it is necessary. 
6) What is the best advice (in few words) that you can give to younger people?
Do what you want to do, pursue the interests that make you happy, not what everyone else says makes them happy. 
7) When did you really know yourself?
Even now, at 29, I'm still not sure if I REALLY know myself. I'm still working on that. 
8) Do you think body builders are attractive?
No! 
9) Worst injury so far?
Broken arm. 
10) If you could go back and live at any time period, which one would you pick and why?
I would go back to 17th century England. SO many interesting things were happening at that point in history. 
11) What is your greatest talent?
I never really feel like a very talented person. But, if I had to pick a talent, I guess it would be writing. This is something I spend a lot of time doing, and trying to do well. 

And I am nominating the following ladies...
1. Andrea at Love is...
2. Jen at Beautiful Static
4. Andrea at Housewifery
5. Renee at A Shoe The Fits 
6. Leah at Love & Shorts
7. Chelsea at Life Unpublished
9. Kelly at live.laugh.rowe 
11. Sam at Cooks + Creates 

I hope the ladies that participated in this award before me don't mind, I'm recycling their question because I think they are pretty good questions. 

1) To you, who is the most inspiring person ever?
2) What is the one thing you are most passionate about?
3) What is your favorite book of all time?
4) What is the scariest thing to ever have happened to you?
5) Do you know how to use a gun/would you carry one? Why/why not?
6) What is the best advice (in few words) that you can give to younger people?
7) When did you really know yourself?
8) Do you think body builders are attractive?
9) Worst injury so far?
10) If you could go back and live at any time period, which one would you pick and why?
11) What is your greatest talent?

So, thanks again to the lovely ladies that nominated me, and I hope the nominees I have chosen have fun with this award as well! 

3 comments:

  1. I'm a left too. Thanks for the shout out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to you & thanks for the award! = )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your advice for younger people.

    ReplyDelete