Friday, June 15, 2012

Drowning in books

So, yeah, I know things have been kind of quiet around here lately. But this is for good reason. Since school let out in mid-May I have been devouring books as well as working on my own novel. Since I turned in my final paperwork for the school year I have read eight books. Did you get that? EIGHT books in four weeks! I don't know about everyone else, but that's pretty good for me. I'm kind of proud of myself.

I've also been taking advantage of the extra time to work on my YA novel that's been on my back burner of priorities for a while now. Hopefully, if I keep up my current pace, by the end of the summer I should have a complete draft, ready to be re-read and edited, proofed, and all that other good stuff. So, wish me luck on that front.

Today I really want to talk about all of these great books that I have been reading lately, but since its already after midnight, I honestly just don't have it in me, so I'm just going to talk about one specific book.


Guys, I loved this book so much more than I thought I would. There story is great and amazingly well told. 

Initially, I planned to read this because it was written by a local guy. We aren't friends, he doesn't even know me, but we have a lot of mutual friends and we used to live in the same small town. Anyway, I heard through the small-town grapevine that this guy had written a book and gotten it published. So, I figured I would read it just because of that fact. Then, the next thing I knew, I was seeing this book all over the place! 

I can't even begin to describe the plot of this story in a way that would do it any justice. For the most part, this book follows two different story lines, and then when the two plots meet at the end, the story seems to move to an entirely new level.

I don't want to ruin ANY part of this book for anyone, I just want to emphasize how much I loved this story. I would suggest that everyone add this to their "to be read" stack. Seriously, a great read!

Has you read this book? If so, I'd love to hear what you think; whether you enjoyed it as much as I did or not.

Next time, I plan to talk about Sacre Bleu, the newest novel by Christopher Moore. So, start thinking about that one as well if you've already read it.

Don't forget to find me on Facebook!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on making progress on your book. That is really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering whether you would be happy to put up a link in my monthly series called “Books You Love”. The idea is for people to link up posts about a book they loved – it doesn’t have to be one they just posted about. It could be an old fave. I am hoping we will end up with a nice collection of books that can go on our reading lists. Here is the link Books You Loved June Edition

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great that you linked this in . Have a super week.

      Delete