Thursday, April 19, 2012

Pottermore

WARNING! SUPER NERDY POST!

I don't know about you guys, but I have been impatiently waiting for the Pottermore site to open up to everyone. I was crushed when I initially found out it was starting off with a few Beta users, and that I was not going to be one of the chosen few!

But, thankfully, the time has finally come! Pottermore is now open to everyone! How exciting is that?

Earlier this week, I logged on and created my account.

The experience begins with the user walking through the early chapters of the first book, but eventually, the user makes it to Diagon Alley to purchase supplies for Hogwarts. The user even gets to purchase their very own wand!

This is the wand that chose me...



Blackthorn with unicorn core, ten inches, unyielding.

I absolutely love it! This is the perfect wand for me. 

So, the wand selection was one of my favorite parts of Pottermore, but my other favorite part (so far) was being sorted into a specific house. I have always been pretty curious as to which house I would be sorted to. I honestly had no idea which one I would belong to. I could see different aspects of my personality that would possibly place me into any of the four. 

But, I never expected to seriously be placed in...


But, nevertheless, I am beginning to enjoy my new group and all the implications that come along with being a Slytherin. 

I am so excited to keep moving through the Pottermore experience, and see all the other little extra pieces of information that pop up relating to the series. As much as I loved the entire Harry Potter series, and as sad as I was to see it end, nothing will ever entirely replace the feelings and affection I feel toward the original seven novels, but this is a new and interesting way for me to stay involved with the world the J.K. Rowling created! 

So, how about you guys? Has anyone else visited or participated in Pottermore yet? What do you think? 

Oh...and make sure you add me as a friend. My username is JinxPurple5663. 


3 comments:

  1. I have been wondering about this. Does it take a lot of time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really depends...you can spend hours on this site if you choose to. I personally couldn't get myself away from it. But, you can also set up an account in just a few minutes and just play around a little bit.

      Delete
  2. ok, i also became OBSESSED with this, but when i got to diagon alley i couldnt figure out how to move forward. it was locked and i know it said i had to "buy my books" or something but i really couldn't figure out what to do. this was disturbing considering i have a master's degree...i should be able to figure out pottermore, right? hahah. my username is leviosarain25383 !

    ReplyDelete