Thursday, April 5, 2012

Just a little bit of catching up...

I've had lots of little things going on for the past week. Nothing terribly major, but putting them all together leaves little time for blogging. So, today I thought I would share a few of these little aspects of my life...

1. Our old computer has been about to kill over on us for months now. Last week the husband and I decided to break down and finally buy a new one. I am thrilled to say that we bought our first Mac. For a while now, I've been debating on whether or not a Mac was what I wanted. Now, a week after our purchase, I am super glad this is what we chose.


2. This week the husband and I also decided to add another fur baby to our family. We went to our local animal shelter and adopted a new kitty. Her name is Dot. She is adorable and so loving. I am so happy we could give her a happy, loving home.


3. Also, I have an interview next week. I have mentioned in the past that I currently teach high school; 7th-12th grade English. I've also mentioned that I'm not entirely happy at my present position. For the last year, I have been taking classes to get my library-media certification. So, this new interview is for this type of position. I am super excited and really hopeful. Wish me luck!

4. Speaking of school, next week is probably the most stressful week our school experiences all year long. Next week is standardized testing week. The whole week our staff stays stressed, our kids stay stressed, and our administrators stay stressed. We have really smart kids in our school, and that always do pretty well. But, the importance of the results isn't forgotten by anyone. Alas...the effects of No Child Left Behind (but that's another soap box I'll save for another day...).

How about you? Anything interesting or noteworthy going on in your life? I'd like to hear all about it!


2 comments:

  1. Congrats on both the computer and the cat! (And the interview!) Sounds like a lot of good things going on for you.

    Best of luck with everything!

    Catherine
    FEST

    ReplyDelete