Saturday, January 7, 2012

Nothing Day

Today is definitely a nothing day. I have done absolutely nothing. I can think of a million things that I need to do, but that's as far as I get.

I woke up at noon today. Then I played on Facebook and caught up on posts in my Google Reader. Then I watched TV for a little while and decided to take a nap. I mean, seriously! Who takes a nap after they have been awake for two hours? After I woke up, I returned a phone call from my mother. She wanted to know what I was doing tonight. Surprisingly, I told her that I was doing nothing. So,we set a movie date for tonight. We are going to see Sherlock Holmes. I hope it's good, I've heard positive things...


My husband is working the night shift at his hospital right now. So, he also was asleep all day, and when he woke up, he just had time to get a shower and leave for work.It gets kind of lonely when he has to work several nights in a row.

I mean, I love my by myself time. I can enjoy my own company, but I also love being home with my husband. Sometimes I really don't like that he works night shifts.

On a completely different note...

In what universe is it supposed to be 70 degrees in January in Arkansas...southern Arkansas? Ridiculous! I haven't gotten to wear any of my winter clothes this year. I'm still walking around in short sleeves and flip flops.

So, to finish up...

What are you doing this weekend? Are having a nothing weekend as well or an eventful Saturday and Sunday?


1 comment:

  1. I feel like I am in the same boat. I have a million things to do, but I slept in yesterday, and then felt like I needed a nap the rest of the day! :) Goodness! I did get a little more done today, but I am definitely not using my two days off the most efficiently.

    And - completely understand the nightshift loneliness. I was the one that worked night shift and hated to sleep during the day when he had days off.

    How was the movie?

    Life, Love, and Roses

    ReplyDelete