Saturday, December 10, 2011

My First Birchbox

A few weeks ago, I made a post about how I finally decided to check out Birchbox. You can read more about that here.

Well, today, I finally received my first Birchbox! I was so super exited! I walked up to my door, and there was this cute, little, pink box just waiting to be opened.






So, I finally was able to sit down and open, what felt like, an early Christmas present. It was full of little surprises.

The first sample was a great little lip gloss sample from Jouer. Apparently, its a specially made sample color called "Birchbox Pink."



Next, there was a sample from Benefit Cosmetics called "The POREfessional." Its supposed to camouflage visible pores. It can be worn underneath or on top of make-up.



Also included was a sample of Mythic Oil from L'Oreal Professionel. This is a lightweight oil that is supposed to increase shine and prevent frizziness.



I also received a sample energy drink mix. I'm not really sure about this one. I think it makes me a little nervous for some reason.



The box also contained a sample of Showstoppers, a double-sided tape strip to help make sure clothing stays in its place.


And lastly, I think I was supposed to receive a sample of "Ageless" perfume form Harvey Prince.

See, they included the little packet that the samples come in...


But, when I opened it, this is what I found...


Apparently, someone messed up with this one. I didn't get this particular sample. Sadly, I think this would have been one of my favorite items. I love perfume and body sprays, and a I'm always looking for new and interesting scents.

All in all, I think I'm pretty satisfied with my first Birchbox. I'm already excited to receive next month's box. I received some great samples this month that I'm super excited to use.

Have any of you ever received a Birchbox? Have you every received anything you absolutely loved OR absolutely hated?

4 comments:

  1. I've never even heard of a Birchbox. I'll have to look into them. But I have gotten items I just love and hated in other ways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO FUN! kinda sad about the perfume though :) but at least you still got some other cool stuff!
    ps Thanks So So much for your sweet comments!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete