Saturday, September 17, 2011

30 Days of Truth: Day 3


Day 3: Something You Have to Forgive Yourself For

Ooooo...this is a hard one for me. I usually hold myself up to a very high standard, in my job, my relationships, my hobbies, all areas of my life. And, then, when things don't go the way that I plan or expect, I tend to hold it against myself, for whatever reason. Sometimes I'm more able to let go of these things, other times I hold onto them and harbor on them for vast amounts of time; years even!

There is one specific thing I will eventually have to forgive myself for. Although I can't allow myself to go into great detail here on my blog, I will say that something major happened about two and a half years ago, and although nothing was permanently affected by my actions, I still regret them to this day. I still think about this one particular period of time on a regular basis, and I can't seem to let it go and forget about it. I hold it over my own head and always go back to this memory, and I always hate myself for a little while whenever I think about it. 

Some days now, it's easier to look back on this time as a learning experience. I know myself a little better because of this memory. I understand my own thought process and rational a little better. I'm definitely ten times happier than I was then, so maybe it is time for me to forgive myself and move on....

No comments:

Post a Comment