Monday, January 10, 2011

I'm a traveler at heart

In my life, I have been very lucky, especially in regard to the fact that I have had the opportunity to do a lot of traveling. As a child, family car trips were a regular thing. Every summer we would pack up and take off, sometime we had a plan in mind, other times we just drove. Then, when I got a little older, more lengthy trips became an option. The first plane trip we ever took, as a family, was when I was 13 years old. My parents packed us up, and took my brother and I to Los Angeles. That was the first BIG trip of my life, and from that point on, I was hooked!



As my teenage years progressed, I was able to take several trips. Mostly I traveled with my mother and my grandmother. I came to realize that my dad will take trips when he wants to, but he's really more of a homebody. He would rather stay in his comfort zone. But, I definitely got the travel bug from my mom and my grandma. They always seemed to be up for a trip.


Then, as I reached my twenties, more travel options began to present themselves. As an adult, I was able to take a couple of trips, by myself or with friends. I just can't seem to pass up any reasonable opportunity to see something new or experience a new place.


These are just a few of the places I have had the opportunity to visit...






And these are a few places that I would like to see...if the opportunity ever presented itself...

What about you?

What are some of your favorite places you have visited?

Where would you go if you have the choice to visit any place in the world?

5 comments:

  1. italy, spain, and france are probably my favorite places that i have visited. each country has cities that i prefer over others (barcelona, madrid, nice, provence, paris, venice, rome, florence) but the coutries sum it up.

    i really REALLY want to visit egypt, australia, germany, greece, and london!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have really only been to islands, Jamaica, Dominican Republic, St. Maartin, Puerto Rico, and then on a cruise where we stopped in several islands. I loved them all! But I would really like to take the opportunity to travel more within the United States!!! Hopefully as my son gets older we can do that! I loved your pictures of all the major landmarks you had! :) I'd love to have some of those in my own collection :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never really traveled. Just to school and our two annual family trips, all within state boundaries. I would love to visit Disney World (for my first time ever), Nashville, NYC, Italy, Ireland, London, Paris, and possibly Germany. Maybe also Australia, but only if it's at the same time that Keith Urban is there so I can possibly run into him and Nicole ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love to travel as well but cant seem to find the time (and funds) to do it as often as i would like. i would love to visit new zealand

    ReplyDelete
  5. Three of my favourite places have been Spain, Italy and Peru. I did not see as much of the first two as I had hoped (it was as part of a rushed, epic backpacking adventure across Europe at the end of uni), so I plan to visit each country individually in the future. And learn the languages properly before I go!

    If I could go anywhere it would be India. I became fascinated by it when I read Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts. I hear you either love it or loathe it, and love anywhere that elicits a powerful response.

    I haven't been anywhere exciting lately, but if you'd like to read about my fairly sedate trip to Thailand or a South Pacific cruise, check out my blog!

    ReplyDelete