Thursday, January 6, 2011

I wish I lived here...

I think by now everyone has at least heard of Modern Family. Seriously, this is one of the best shows on TV right now. The families and the characters are lovable and believable. But, as I've watched the show more and more, I have begun to pay more attention to the homes that these families live in, and I love them. I would be happy to live in any one of these houses.






Out of the three families on the show, the Dunphy's home is my favorite. When my husband and I finally decide to settle down, quit moving around, and have children, this is the kind of house I want to live in, this is the type of home in which I would like to raise my children. Clair and Phil's home presents a feeling that is "homey" but still up to date. It's comfy, but not worn out. Their TV home is everything I want in a home of my own.

What's really great is that while I was considering this topic as a post, I came across this article at thenest.com which is an absolutely amazing web-site for 20-somethings.

How about you? How you ever seen your dream home on a TV show? Tell me all about it!

4 comments:

  1. this is such a great show and the houses are pretty. Have you ever seen the film, The Hand that Rocks the cradle? The home that the family lives in is one of my favorites or maybe the home that Forrest Gump lived in. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my dream home is probably very similar to yours. I love the very first house on the left.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to have to watch Modern Family now (based on your recommendation~). This house looks amazing!! Kat, a new subscriber!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great show. I just have to remember to set the dvr or I'll miss it. I always told my husband I wanted to move into a Pottery Barn catalog. That would be perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete