Thursday, January 13, 2011

Best-Sellers Amongst the Zodiac

I have a couple of random points to make in this post.

#1 - You CAN'T just add a new sign to the zodiac and act like it's no big deal. I know, I know, the new sign has been around for a while, and the earth is tilting differently now than it was a few thousand years ago, and a few thousand years from now it'll all change again...blah, blah, blah...

I, for one, really liked being a Taurus. Now, out of the blue, you're going to tell me that I'm an Aries. Sorry, not buying it!

And what's the deal with the name of the new one: Ophiuchus? What the heck is an Ophiuchus?


*Side note* Upon further reading, I have discovered that Ophiuchus is known as the "serpent bearer."




#2 - While we're talking about birthdays, I found a really neat site today. BibliOz.com has developed this really cool thing where you input your birthday and it tells you what was on the New York Times Best-Sellers list at that point in time. Pretty neat huh??? Go ahead...click over and check it out.


So, anyway, I put in my birthday, hoping to see some huge literary giant in the number one spot on my birthday. Alas, I was disappointed. The novel that popped up when I put in my birthday was something called The Little Drummer Girl. Personally, I've never heard of it. I know nothing about it, but if you do, please share.


So...thoughts? Comments?

How do you feel about the zodiac stuff? Did your sign change?

What was the number one novel on your birthday?

2 comments:

  1. Stephen King's "It" was the #1 fiction book the week I was born. I think I've heard of it...

    My sign changed. Not happy about it. I remember in late grade school and most of junior high I memorized the traits of my sign, especially the ones that applied to me (I've forgotten them all now). Not sure I apply to my new sign now :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Newest follower from the blog hop. You are right you can't just add another sign. And being a Sagittarius that means I would now be an Ophiuchus? WTF? I couldn't even pronounce it let alone be okay with being one.
    Hopefully you will stop by and follow back :-)

    Happy Sunday!
    http://singlemominspiration.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete