Friday, December 24, 2010

My Christmas Questionaire

Ok, I stole today's post from Diary of a Fair Weather Diver who stole it from Diary of a Fickle White Woman (both are great bloggers). So, enjoy and feel free to play along.


Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate ... Believe it or not, I've NEVER had Egg Nog.

Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? He does both.

Colored lights on tree/house or white? Colored.

Do you hang mistletoe? Nope. I always forget about it and wish I had thought about it.

When do you put your decorations up? The day after Thanksgiving. I wait all year for Christmas decorations, I want to be able to enjoy them as long as possible.

What is your favorite holiday dish? Before she died, my great-grandmother always made a TON of different kinds of Christmas candy. I really miss her Christmas Cheddar Cheese Logs.

Favorite Holiday memory as a child? The year my brother received a beagle puppy for Christmas. That was the cutest puppy ever, my brother ended up naming him Bob.

When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I honestly don't remember. I remember believing and the I remember not believing, but I don't remember the specific time when that changed.

Do you open a gifts on Christmas Eve? As a child, we always opened everything on Christmas morning, but as an adult, we've begun to open everything on Christmas Eve, but always with the thought that when we have kids, we will go back to Christmas morning.

How do you decorate your Christmas tree? With colored light, a few ornaments from our childhood, other ornaments I've collected over the last few years, and a silver star on top.

Snow, love it or hate it? Love love love love love it, only wish we got more of it here in Arkansas.

Can you ice skate? I've only attempted ice skating once in my life. I suppose it went ok, not something I want to spend a lot of time doing.

Do you remember your favorite gift? My engagement ring! Christmas 2008!

What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Trying to recapture that magical feeling when I was young. It's just not quite the same anymore.

What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Peppermint Bark and Homemade Millionaires.

What is your favorite holiday tradition? Supper with my parents on Christmas Eve.

What tops your tree? A big silver star.

Which do you prefer giving or receiving? I love to get presents, but it's ten times better watching people open the presents I picked for them.

What is your favorite Christmas Song? "Mary, Did You Know," "What Child is This," "O Holy Night," "Happy X-Mas," and "Blue Christmas." I love Christmas music, so it's really hard for me to narrow down this list.

Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? Sometimes they're yuck, sometimes they're yum. But, to me, the best ones are the white ones with the colored stripes.

Favorite Christmas Show? A Christmas Story, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, A Charlie Brown Christmas, and The Santa Claus

Saddest Most Hated Christmas Song? "The Christmas Shoes"

1 comment: