Saturday, January 1, 2011

MY 101 in 1001

Unless you have been living under a rock in the blogging world, you have heard about 101 in 1001. If you aren't familiar with this phrase, it's basically a list of 101 things you would like to accomplish in 1001 days.

For the last month or so, I've been putting my list together. Early in December I began to think about this list and what I would include in my list. I've seen these lists made by others for quite a while now, and I always contemplated doing one of my own, but I just never got around to it. So, this year, instead of making New Year's resolutions, I'm going to start my 101 in 1001. So, starting this on January 1, 2011 means that I have until September 27, 2013 to complete my list. Wish me luck!

I will be blogging about different items on my list as I complete them and I will periodically update my list by marking things off and noting progress for other items.

I encourage everyone to create your own 101 in 1001 list and let me know about it.

So, as promised, here is my list:

Italics = In progress

Just for fun

  1. Participate in a flash mob
  2. See at least one new movie every month
  3. Gain at least 100 followers for my blog
  4. Go skydiving
  5. Send at least 10 cards to Post Secret
  6. Find a new musical artist every month
  7. Complete project 365
  8. Watch 26 movies I've never seen, starting with each letter of the alphabet
  9. Watch the AFI's top 100 films
  10. Answer the "50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind"
  11. Carve a Halloween Pumpkin every year
  12. Have Christmas photos taken with Richard every year
  13. Be an extra in a film
  14. Convince someone else to do 101 in 1001
  15. Send out at least 100 cards through Postcrossing
  16. Go to a concert
  17. Buy an original piece of art
  18. Meet a blog friend in real life
  19. Frame and hang some of my own photography
  20. Apply for The Amazing Race
  21. Learn to play the guitar that's sitting in my living room
  22. Buy an IPAD
  23. Reach 500 followers on Twitter
  24. Organize all of my ITUNES
  25. Expand my stamp collection
  26. Make Christmas candy every year
  27. Buy new living room furniture
  28. Complete "30 Days of Me" on Facebook
  29. Be Facebook free for a week
  30. Make a T-shirt quilt
  31. Send Christmas cards each year
  32. Consistently use my "green" grocery bags
  33. Vote in the 2012 elections
  34. Have a "game-night" with friends
  35. Buy an atlas
  36. Take a painting class
  37. Take a self-portrait every day for a year
  38. Create a "dream-home" journal
  39. Complete a 1,000 piece puzzle and frame it
  40. Complete FlyLady's Baby Steps
  41. Keep up with the Astros for a whole season
  42. Jump on a hotel bed and send to BedJump.com
  43. Attend a blogger meet-up
  44. See Trans Siberian Orchestra
  45. Buy and coloring book and spend a whole afternoon coloring
  46. Start mailing birthday cards
  47. Adopt a puppy
  48. Convert my favorite VHS tapes to DVD
  49. Take flowers to friends' graves
  50. Purchase a fire safe
  51. Create an album for Postcrossing cards

Travel

52. Travel out of the country (again)

53. Go on a cruise

54. Move away from this town

55. Visit at least three new states

56. Move to England

57. Visit Graceland

58. Visit Disney World as an adult

Education and Work

59. Complete a Master's degree

60. Find a job that I love

61. Pass my Comprehensive Master's exam in July 2011

62. Find a social media related job

63. Build up a "Linked In" page

Cooking

64. Learn to cook something from my grandmother (possibly homemade chicken and dumplings)

65. Create a cookbook with at least 20 personally created recipes

Reading/Writing

66. Read at least one book every month

67. Complete a draft of a short story to submit for publication

68. Participate / Complete NaNoWriMo

69. Write one new poem every month

70. Complete NaBloPoMo

71. Write every day for a month

72. Complete my "Wreck This Journal"

73. Reach 200 blog posts

74. Enter a writing contest

75. Complete the 1st chapter of my novel draft

76. Complete the 1st five chapters

77. Write me "if anything happens to me" letter

78. Subscribe to The New Yorker

79. Read 10 non-fiction books

Philanthropy

80. Anonymously donate to a charity

81. Randomly pay for someone behind me in a drive-through

82. Donate blood at least three times

83. Research a great charity / cause and educate others through my blog

84. Tip a server 50% for great service

Health and Well-Being

85. Loose at least 30 pounds

86. No fast-food for a month

87. Drink only water for a week

88. Eat a piece of fresh fruit every day for two weeks

89. Exercise at least three times a week for a month

90.Stop biting my nails

91. Maintain a food journal for a month

92. Do 30 push-ups in a row

93. Complete the couch To 5K

94. Meditate for 30 minutes a day for one week

95. Lower my BMI 3 points

96. Create and stick to a night-time routine

Finances

97. Pay off my credit card

98. Put some of my paycheck into savings every month

99. Make a list and photograph important home items for insurance

100. Save at least $5,000

And 101: start a new 101 in 1001 list when this one is complete


1 comment:

  1. I think I just might have to consider doing this! I've never taken the time to really get to know what it was, now tha tI do - maybe I'll give it a shot! :) Looking forward to hearing all about your ventures! :)

    ReplyDelete