Saturday, October 23, 2010

Happy Mailboxes

I don't know about you, but I LOVE getting things in the mail. I mean real things, not bills and junk. But, it seems that as I've gotten older, more of my mail consists of things I don't particularly like. For a while now, it has been kind of dull and boring to check the mail every day (except when I'm expecting something from Netflix).



When I was a kid, I was really involved in pen-palling. I had pen pals all across the country and even a few from Europe. I loved making cards and decorating envelopes to send to someone else. I loved the feeling of receiving an envelope mailed specifically to me. I miss those feelings.



Well, recently I found a web site that that I find particularly appealing. Postcrossing.com is a site that brings people together through post cards. As an adult, I don't have the time to contribute to thoughtful letter writing, but post carding provides the same opportunities, just in a different format. This site allows people from all over the world to send and receive post cards. I have become completely addicted. I have sent out more post cards lately than I have in my entire life, and the ones I am receiving, make me smile when I open my mailbox.



It's good to open the mailbox with a smile, knowing something specifically for me could be in there; something that doesn't require a payment!



If you're interested, check it out. You'll be glad you did.




4 comments:

  1. I love getting *good* mail. It seriously makes my day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I joined Postcrossing too but got bored after the first round of 5 cards... They were so anonymous... Then i found the Pen Pal Project that i joined and now i have 10 pen pals from all over the world! (mostly from the US but im from Europe so its coll with me!) I love finding cards in my mail!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog! I loooove comments! And I have a Postcrossing account, but I haven't used in a while. Should definitely start again soon, I miss receiving snail mail

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love getting things in the mail too, especially when it's a free sample of something - is that sad? it makes me feel like someone is interested in my opinion, haha. Same with blog comments on my blog!

    Love your blog x

    ReplyDelete