Tuesday, October 5, 2010

At a loss…

Lately I've really been at a loss in regard to my writing. I feel like I have nothing to write about. For the last 8-10 months I've really put my writing on hold. When I started teaching high school last year my time devoted to writing was literally nonexistent. Needless to say, I didn't get much accomplished. This year though, school teaching is completely different. I'm much more settled into a routine. I feel like I have more extra time on my hands and I've really been getting that writing urge. I want to write. I have the desire to write. I am wishing to be productive. But, every time I sit down to a blank screen or paper, I go blank. I feel like this is past the point where it could be considered writer's block. I literally have NOTHING in my mind to even attempt. I'm signed up for NaNoWriMo this year. This is something I have wanted to participate in for the last three or four years, I've just always been too busy. So, I'm trying to form some ideas and get at least an idea of what I'm going to write about, but nothing is happening! I'm stuck in a rut. I have the desire to get out, but it seems I don't have the means! Frustration is becoming way too familiar for my liking.

No comments:

Post a Comment