Sunday, March 7, 2010

Leprechauns and green

I love the month of March for many reasons:

  1. Spring time is coming
  2. Hubbins birthday
  3. Spring break
  4. Only one more month until my birthday
  5. Lots of rain
  6. Weather is getting warmer

But probably my most favorite aspect of the month of March is…

ST. PATRICK'S DAY!

I absolutely love this holiday. I love everything about this holiday. I love the abundance of green, I love the mythology surrounding the day, I love the tradition that comes with the day, I love the décor that is seen everywhere you go, EVERYTHING about this day makes me happy.

I love Leprechauns!

I love pots of gold at the end of a rainbow!

I love Irish drinking songs!

I love shamrocks!

I love that I have Irish ancestors (my great-grandfather came from Ireland)


I love the legend of St. Patrick and the clover.

If you aren't familiar with it, click here.

In honor of this month…I will be posting in green!

And for your reading pleasure…a little bit of history and other information on the holiday, just in case you feel like learning a little bit more. Click here.


"Maireann croí éadrom i bhfad" …. Which is Gaelic for "A light heart lives longest."


No comments:

Post a Comment