Wednesday, March 10, 2010

And another one bites the dust…

Being that this post is in regard to the death of Corey Haim, is the title of this post a little insensitive? A little too soon?

But, come on, seriously, how many time does this have to happen to before people start understanding. You can't live life without concern for consequences and never expect anything to catch up with you.


I grew up watching Corey Haim. I seriously have no idea how many times I have watched The Lost Boys or Lucas. Corey Haim and Corey Feldman were EVERYWHERE!


It was not surprising to find out that he had been struggling with a drug problem for quite some time, but I had hope for him. I thought he might be one of the few that actually make it. I guess I was wrong. Now Corey Haim is just another statistic. He falls into the same category as Chris Farley and Heath Ledger; another young man who should have lived a lot longer, but the path he chose didn't allow that to happen.


This is so sad! It just seems like every time we turn around, it's someone else. It makes me so angry! I'm tired of seeing young people die because of stupid choices!


While I feel for Corey Haim's family, I can't help but be upset that it seems to be the same ole thing. Same song, umpteenth verse…it sucks! Just makes you wonder who is going to be next?


I'm sure something else will turn up on the news within a month or so.


What about you? What are your thoughts? I'd really like to know I'm not the only one who feels this way.


1 comment:

  1. I think it's unreal how people don't think that the drug existence won't catch up with them-- so sad, so unnecessary.

    ReplyDelete