Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A little peeved


So, I love this site, paperbackswap.com. For the last several months, this is where I have been getting almost all of my books from. I mean, seriously, this is a great site. It's set up as an online book club where members swap books and only paying the shipping price. Its so great! Anyway, I haven't had any problem with any of the books I have received through this site at all, until today. And really the problem I have isn't even all that major, its just enough to irritate me. I recently requested a book from the site. I requested a hardcover copy of the specific book and was told that the copy being mailed to me fit the description of the book I requested. (There are different options and things to check to specify whether or not you want paperback, hardcover, audio, etc...). So, naturally I was expecting to receive a hardcover book. But, when I checked my mail today, guess what...not hardcover copy of the book. I received a paperback copy of my requested book. And while this may not seem like a big deal to most people, remember, I teach high school English, I prefer to purchase and provide hardback books for my classroom, simply because they last longer. Especially considering the treatment most teenagers give books. If this particular book was just going to sit on my bookshelf at home, this probably never would have phased me. Its just the simple fact that I requested a hardback, was told I was being sent a hardback...and when I receive it...its a paperback. Now, mind you, it is a paperback that is in excellent condition. I have absolutely no complaints about the condition of the book at all, it just isn't what I asked for.


Am I wrong for being upset about this, or is this just one of those things that I just need to let go and not worry about?


What about you? Have you ever been in any type of situation similar to this?

2 comments:

  1. i didn't think it was that big of a deal at first, but then on second thought it is an outrage. you should mail them an angry letter or make a video of you drinking out of a bottle of vodka (just for effect, it can be water if you don't have time to get drunk), screaming obscenities, and burning the book. that'll show em.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had some of those annoying pbswap experiences too. I'd be a little peeved, but you can always request your credit returned. The sender however does not have to oblige, even if you explain that you're a teacher and need that hardcover! It's still my fav site for books.

    ReplyDelete